Senior Business Controller for STARK IT
Are you driven by controlling and analytical work? Do you have experience working in the field between finance and IT? Are you good at handling tasks like reporting, forecasting and securing quality in processes?
The Senior Business Controller with the professional mindset
As a Senior Business Controller for STARK IT, you will join a dynamic and professional organization during an exciting time of several ongoing transformational IT and business projects. You will play an instrumental role as a financial business partner for STARK IT, and you will work in the intersection between finance and IT.
You will report directly to the Group CIO with a dotted line to the Head of STARK Group Reporting and Controlling. You will participate in the monthly controlling, reporting and forecasting for STARK Group IT to ensure timely and comprehensive reporting and serve as one point of contact between STARK IT, IT Functions in the business units, Group Finance and other stakeholders.
The key responsibilities
Your main responsibilities lies in the areas of managing the Profit & Loss and CAPEX spend for STARK IT including management reporting for Group IT, OPEX forecasting and budgeting and intercompany recharges. You will also assist in IT project control and drive the analysis and monthly reporting to STARK Group. Furthermore, you will act as a financial business partner that can look “beyond” the numbers to provide timely and proactive insight to STARK IT. You provide clear comments and analysis of the reported numbers to provide a sound basis for decision making. Finally, you will also interact with our business units and make group wide IT analysis on the P&L dynamics and develop the IT reporting on a group basis to ensure consistent and transparent reporting and benchmarking.
Furthermore, you will be in charge of the following areas and tasks:
- Act as a financial business partner for STARK IT including management reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Oversee the STARK IT Profit & Loss
- Responsible for internal controlling, reporting and forecasting/budgeting for STARK IT
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting including relevant commentary and KPIs
- Interact with Group and Business Unit finance teams, to ensure consistent and transparent IT reporting
- Support that STARK Group IT is compliant with Group financial processes
- Drive the annual P/L budget and planning process – supporting the Project Portfolio process
- Lead the IT Recharge process ensuring correct distribution of STARK IT investments and cost to the business units
- Challenge and apply best practice in processes, business controlling and reporting to ensure optimal decisions in STARK IT
- Facilitate IT Financial forum across STARK and drive alignment and benchmarking of IT financial KPIs
- Ad-hoc participation in finance related tasks, deep dives and spend analysis
To make results within the job and the KPI’s, you will:
- Obtain a good understanding of STARK Group’s financial set-up and processes and engage in the business partner role
- Become an integrated part of STARK IT and contribute to the monthly reporting and closing process
- Take part in the budget process and understand the strategic levers for the Group
Strong analytical and business skills
You are experienced, business oriented and analytical Senior Business Controller with a comprehensive financial toolbox. You will thrive with the values and culture of STARK GROUP and you are keen to become part of our growth journey. You are used to support and challenge the business in a proactive and constructive manner both on a horizontal and vertical level supporting transparency and decisions.
Furthermore, you have demonstrated analytical skills and a holistic understanding of the business and processes – you proactively challenges, you question facts and figures and acted as a “true” financial business partner. You are experienced in conveying complex messages in an appropriate language and form adapted to various audiences with good results.
Furthermore, we see that you are:
- Ambitious yet low ego and “down to earth” – able to drive results and proactively seize the opportunities that may arise without losing sight of purpose and stakeholders
- Good at communication and presentation – you are able to convey complex areas and create transparency
- Independent and accountable – takes responsibility for own work
- Skilled at building relations and at stakeholder management – able to create buy-in and engage with stakeholders, but also not afraid to challenge and voice her/his opinion if different
- Having a can-do attitude, energetic and passionate – eager to drive changes
- A team player with high integrity – acts respectfully with all stakeholders
- Having a positive mindset and good sense of humour
- Having a master’s degree in economics, finance or similar
- Having more than 3 years of experience with Business controlling
- Fluent in verbal/written English and Danish. German will be an advantage but is not a requirement
Interested in becoming a part of the STARK team?
We are screening incoming candidates on an ongoing basis, so please send your application and your CV as soon as possible through the link. The deadline is October 14, 2022. Any questions? You are more than welcome to contact CIO Pernille Geneser at mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!