STARK Group is mobilizing an industry digital gear shift. To help us drive this, we need a visionary and visible Enterprise Architect (EA) to support a joint direction for STARK Group with currently five business units across Northern Europe and with an ambitious M&A agenda.
Against this background, STARK IT is on a unique journey where we are rethinking everything around the IT service delivered to STARK’s business units. You have a unique opportunity to work on a new lean generation of enterprise architecture based on the experience you can contribute with. The job includes all the known EA disciplines but does not necessarily say anything about the how. At STARK we respect and are motivated by the IT professional craftmanship, regardless of what we do in IT.
As an EA you will help drive strategic programs like
- Athene, which is rethinking the builders’ merchants’ digital universe with multi-channels, data driven processes, sustainability and much more. Supported by event-based composable architecture.
- Phoenix, which is the re-establishment of a complete operating model focusing on multi-vendor / cooperation models in all aspects.
- M&A, which helps us extend the STARK Family throughout Europe.
STARK thus offers you a unique opportunity to live out your EA skills in one of Denmark’s largest companies. Instead of managing one’s predecessor’s work until the next one takes over, you will be defining the foundation of our digital future, a task that requires great maturity, experience and sense of responsibility for the cohesion in STARK Group.
You will report directly to the Group CIO, and you will work closely with the IT management team, the IT Architecture Board and external strategic suppliers.
Your key responsibilities
Your main responsibilities lie in the areas of supporting and developing the enterprise architecture direction in STARK Group by leading STARK IT’s Architecture Board. You will create and maintain roadmaps to define the current and the future IT architecture and the evolution projects for transition. Finally, you will be the overarching architect that ensures the STARK Group target architecture and system landscape.
You will have the opportunity to
- Establish and improve the enterprise architecture models, IT architecture governance (including management of Technical Debt), principles and requirements
- Maintain and improve Service and Solution Lifecycle governance
- Lead the strategic technology planning to achieve STARK Group goals by prioritizing IT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation of future technologies and their deployment, management of current and future components in the Enterprise Architecture
- Establish and maintain the documentation of a common Group IT Strategy and architecture based on Composable Architecture principles
- Maintain and improve Group wide system landscape overview
- Consult with Domain Architects on development projects to fit systems to target architecture, and approve all modifications to the overall architecture
- Deliver a more in-depth architecture focus supporting Domain Architects to secure the end-to-end business processes in relation to complex application areas, such as Master Data
To be successful in the role you will need to
- Promote the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization
- Consult and advise on architectural impact on the organization in STARK Group IT
- Proactively foster and participate in business-driven IT Innovation, researching and piloting new technologies
- Participate in the IT strategy creation and maintenance process
You are experienced, business oriented and you are familiar with basic management practices. You have seven to ten years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, service-oriented architecture development, application architecture, middleware, information analysis or database management) in a multitier environment. Your ideal educational background is a MSc degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
Ideally you have work experience in
- Multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- All components of holistic enterprise architecture
- Business re-engineering principles and processes
- Basic graphical modelling approaches, tools and model repositories
…and the following skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team orientation with ability to facilitate teamwork but also negotiate where needed
- Excellent analytical and technical skills; can rapidly grasp the value of new technologies
- Can navigate complex stakeholder landscapes
- Can translate business needs into EA requirements and apply multiple solutions to business problems
- Can estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives balancing the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions
Interested in becoming a part of the STARK team?
We are screening incoming candidates on an ongoing basis, so please send your application and your CV as soon as possible through the link. The deadline is October 14, 2022. Any questions? You are more than welcome to contact CIO Pernille Geneser at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look very much forward to hearing from you!